Monday, October 22, 2012

Paxil-Man


I always take my little yellow pill every morning,
My little stomach sun to help me face the big sky sun,
My teeny power pack to help me go on when I just can’t go on,
To help me drag myself another few inches forward.

I always take my little yellow pill
But never two, even if I feel particularly sad
Never two, just one, otherwise I might start feeling
Even more suicidal, and that just wouldn’t do.

I take my little yellow pill
And hope that today is the day I stop wishing that I never existed,
Wishing that time will heft itself up and roll back,
That all memory of me will rewind erase,
That my metabolic processes will reverse,
That every strand of DNA will unravel and vanish,
That my consciousness, swirling somewhere in space, would cease.

My little yellow pill
That makes my eyes unfocus and my head fill with froth,
Makes my body think it’s falling,
And makes my tongue inexplicably go numb,
And makes me cry because I still can’t stop crying.

Little yellow pill,
I don’t know why I can’t stop taking you.

No comments:

Post a Comment